How Do I Make Sure My Home is s Clean After a Water Spill?
SERVPRO Restoration Professionals Thoroughly Disinfect Your New Orleans Home
New Orleans residents are no strangers to dealing with cleaning after water damage. Between the humid climate and flooding, a bathroom water leak does not pose a significant problem if dealt with immediately. With any water damage, the longer you wait, the more problematic it may become. We understand that technicians must use proper antimicrobials to sanitize and disinfect your home.
Do Specialists Keep Mold from Growing?
SERVPRO Technicians Use Appropriate Cleaning Techniques and Products to Ensure Cleanliness
Water cleanup in your New Orleans home does not merely involve a bucket and mop. It is vital with bathroom leaks to identify the type of water and determine the best way to clean the area. Although gray and black water is more likely to grow mold, even clean water can grow mold when the conditions are right. Antimicrobial cleaners such as fungistats and mildewstats limit or stop microorganisms from growing.
What are the Categories of Water?
- Category 1: Clean water like tap water
- Category 2: Gray water like urine overflow from a commode or dirty dishwater
- Category 3: Blackwater may have feces, chemicals, or flood water
What Conditions Foster Mold Growth?
- Moisture: Mold thrives in a moist environment with humidity over 65%; for this reason, it is best to lower humidity levels under 60% quickly.
- Food Source: Mold uses organic materials such as wood, drywall, natural fibers, and even dirt as food.
- Temperature: Mold grows in a variety of temperatures, typically from 68 degrees to 86 degrees, although it can grow in colder or warmer temperatures.
Always consider the possibility of long-term adverse effects if spilled water is allowed to soak into the organic matter within your home. Especially, undetected leaks that continue to accumulate. The degradation of fixtures and content compounds by introducing microbial growth, reducing the health and safety of your family. Our team can not only remove water and moisture but also inspect to ensure that your home does not allow further damage from unwanted water leaks and drips.
For 24/7 help with water cleanup, contact SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank at (504) 348-7526.
More about New Orleans.