Skilled Mold Removal is Best for Safety and Efficiency
South Louisiana has the ideal environment for mold growth. Call us to remediate your mold damaged business.
New Orleans Business Owners Can Count on SERVPRO for Prompt, Reliable Mold Removal and Remediation
Regardless of the business that you run, the sight of mold can cause panic and stress. Rather than handling the cleanup with DIY efforts, calling in our mold specialists at SERVPRO will yield better results. Because mold can cause potential health effects, you want a skilled team on the job to address all mildew and black mold growth.
Because mold can quickly spread from one room to the next, you need someone on-site with training to handle mold removal in New Orleans. Once you call us, we will send out a crew to begin the remediation process. This includes:
- Establishing Containment – Keep all of the contamination in one zone by putting up containment barriers of plastic sheeting, using negative air pressure, and sealing off all HVAC vents.
- Removing Mold Contamination – Including all porous materials with heavy contamination, cleaning all non-porous surfaces, and using vacuums with HEPA filtration to pull up loosened mold.
- Cleaning of Dust and Settled Black Mold Spores – This includes cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces while moving in the negative air machinery direction.
- Drying – Proper drying of your commercial space with air movers helps to dry the interior once it is safe to do so efficiently, which means making sure that the process will not spread the mold further.
SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank is here for mold inspections, remediation, and removal. Call us at (504) 348-7526, and we will send out a crew to begin the necessary steps.
Did a Recent New Orleans Storm Cause Immense Flood Damage?
When this home was damaged by a storm, SERVPRO was there!
SERVPRO is Here for Help With Flood Damage and Restoration – Crews are Available 24/7 in New Orleans
There are plenty of things that come to mind when someone mentions New Orleans, Louisiana. The most notable would undoubtedly be the famous Mardi Gras celebrations and festivals that take place starting on Fat Tuesday each year, which is the Tuesday that falls before Ash Wednesday before Lent.
New Orleans, often fondly referred to as NOLA, is a consolidated city-parish that you will find located along the beautiful Mississippi River in the southeastern portion of Louisiana state. The city itself got named after the Duke of New Orleans, and it has grown to be known for its diverse culture, including people of Spanish Creole and French descent.
Of course, no vacation or day trip to the city of New Orleans would be complete without a visit to Bourbon Street for partying and a few drinks. However, there are incredible restaurants in the city not to miss, including:
- The American Sports Saloon
- GW Fins
- Olde Nola Cookery
- Paladar 511
- Mais Arepas
- James Cheese Company
Nothing Beats New Orleans Sight-Seeing and Attractions!
If there is anything NOLA is well-known for, it is all of the attractions, tours, and sight-seeing opportunities. Maybe you have always given thought about wanting to go on a swamp tour, or you would like to see some of the many stunning buildings and mansions that have lined the streets for years. There is never any shortage of great things to experience, including top favorites like:
- LaLaurie Mansion – Considered one of the more haunted locations in all of the French Quarter, the LaLaurie Mansion was the original home of infamous Delphine LaLaurie. This famous mansion was owned once by Nicholas Cage and a stunning landmark to behold, especially during the evening hours.
- Hermann-Grima House – This is a historic home in the French Quarter built back in 1831. Open daily, and this is a beautiful spot to go for a tour to learn a bit about the area's history.
- Bayou Swamp Tours – Dubbed the best swamp tours in the area, this is a great place to book when you want to learn all about backwater nature, wildlife, and a lot of the folklore from the region. Tours run on a daily schedule and last just under two hours.
Flood Damage is No Match for SERVPRO – Call Us When You Need Prompt Flood Restoration Services in New Orleans
For emergency services water damage assistance, SERVPRO can be at your New Orleans property within hours to get to work. Whether you need flooding cleanup or help with a leaking roof from storms, we have the proven methods and all of the best equipment for the job.
We bring industrial-grade equipment to help us achieve our cleanup goals when you call us for flood damage in New Orleans after a storm. Some of this equipment includes:
- Extraction Units – including large truck-mounted or portable units
- Light Wands – also known as carpet wands
- Deep Extraction Tools – including self-propelled extractors and stationary tools
- Pumps – including high-pressure pumps, self-priming trash pumps, and electric submersible pumps
SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank is available for all your needs regarding flood damage and water damage repairs after a storm. Call us at (504) 348-7526.
Are Flooded Properties Unsafe for Homeowners?
Affected by flooding? Contact our experienced SERVPRO team for flood damage remediation services immediately after an event.
SERVPRO Can Make your Home Safe after Flooding in New Orleans
Floodwaters carry with them contaminants. These may include animal carcusses, human pathogens, herbicides, pesticides or viruses. It is recommended by state authorities to avoid contact with floodwaters unless you know that water is coming from a clean source- such as a burst water supply pipe.
When dealing with flooding in New Orleans our team set up containment barriers in the property to protect you from potentially harmful toxins, to manage clean air supply and to prevent contaminated materials from spreading.
Containment can vary from polyethylene sheeting to major scale decontamination rooms and application of negative air pressure. The type of containment is largely dependent on an expert assessment from a SERVPRO crew chief or industrial hygienist.
- Source containment ensures that materials exposed to floodwaters do not contaminate other areas of the home.
- Local containment uses PVC pipe to remove materials without exposing technician or home.
- Full scale containment requires comprehensive quarantining of the affected area throughout service.
Floodwaters can expose your home to dangerous toxins. Contact SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank for flooding assistance at (504) 348-7526.
Can Soot, Ash, and Smoke Cause Long-term Harm to a New Orleans Property?
Fire damage can encompass both soot and lingering odors. Make sure to contact SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank for remediation services.
SERVPRO Can Mitigate Lasting Damages Caused by Fire in your New Orleans Home
Soot, ash, and smoke residues can embed below the surface layer of materials. In the case of textiles, embedded soot can lead to permanent soiling, which requires expensive replacement. Other materials in the home may continue to emit unpleasant burnt odors after a fire has been extinguished.
Our fire damage mitigation for New Orleans residents can help to reduce long-term damages associated with housefires. We use industry-leading equipment and methodology to control losses in the home. These methods could include using emulsifying powder to suspend soot that may have embedded into textile fibers. By using a dry solution, we can ensure restoration of the carpet without causing further damage.
- Introducing moisture can lead to soot bonding with textile fibers at a chemical level.
- Walking over a soiled area of the property can compress fibers leading to permanent harm.
- Mattresses can retain burnt odors and require a direct deodorant application to return them to a preloss condition.
Avoid long-term damages after a fire. Contact SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank for fire damage mitigation at (504) 348-7526.
Is a Burst Pipe Dangerous?
Excess water can wreak havoc on the structure and contents of your home. Contact our experienced SERVPRO team for water cleanup today.
Water Intrusion in any Form Can Cause Health Effects. SERVPRO Can Return your New Orleans Home to a Sanitary Condition
New Orleans is perhaps the most famous region along the Mississippi River that boasts a vibrant nightlife, live music, and eateries. The 390,144 residents are spread across several unique neighborhoods, with the most sought after being the French Quarter. The French Quarter of New Orleans is where historic live jazz music venues are at their highest concentrations, while the streets are lined with alfresco eateries, bars, and nightclubs. Alongside its heaving tourist economy, the New Orleans port is one of the central entrance points into and out of the gulf coast region. Annual festivals such as the Mardi Gras are recognized globally, with millions of tourists flocking throughout the year.
The wealth of New Orleans throughout the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries was primarily attributed to the Antebellum period. Widespread segregation between African-Americans and caucasian-Americans was common, while much of the slave trade was trafficked through New Orleans Ports and Docks. Despite many African-Americans leaving southern cities like New Orleans during the early twentieth century and the second world war, the town was still a key battleground during the civil rights era. Today, much of the celebrated parts of New Orleans are its ethnic diversity and the corresponding cultural festivals and entertainments.
- Bourbon Street runs through the heart of the French Quarter and continues for thirteen blocks. Close to the Mississippi River, the street is the main attraction for tourists to the area, with famous live music venues running from Canal Street to Esplanade Avenue.
- The Mardi Gras is an important event for many late-night revelers in the US and across the world. In the five days leading up to the event, the population of New Orleans more than doubles. The vast street parade and party take place forty-seven days before Easter Sunday.
- Frenchmen Street and Jackson Square are two landmark sites within the much-vaunted French Quarter of New Orleans. Typically, the live venues here are less touristy than those found on Bourbon Street.
SERVPRO Can Cleanup Debris, Dirt, and Soiling in your New Orleans Home Following Water Intrusion
Exposure to water can loosen pre-existing dirt, dust, or grime in your home. The effect is a greywater contamination cleanup where technicians have to extract water and thoroughly clean and disinfect the area. Even in situations where water has intruded from a clean source, the development of microbes present in the water can cause deteriorating damage to your home and belongings.
- Water Restoration Technicians (WRT) can remove large or small bodies of water using industrial extraction equipment.
- Our range of cleaning products ensures that we can thoroughly clean and disinfect parts of the home to return them to a sanitary state.
- We apply antimicrobial chemicals to any affected areas to prevent the buildup of bacteria, viruses, or mold during and after service.
Water intrusion can deteriorate quickly. Contact SERVPRO of The New Orleans West Bank for water cleanup at (504) 348-7526.
What Should Property Owners do After Storm Flood Damage?
Storm may cause flood damage to your property. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the flood damage restoration needed for your home.
They Should Hire SERVPRO Restorers to Handle the Storm Flood Damage in their New Orleans Homes
Unpredictable storms, heavy rainfall, and hurricanes can leave you dealing with food damage in your residence. At SERVPRO, we offer storm damage restoration services around the clock. We can help you at any time to remove the water and get your home back to a livable and safe state.
We can do our best to handle the storm flood damage in your New Orleans home. Flooding can cause severe destruction to your property after standing water levels begin to rise at an alarming rate. We offer comprehensive flood restoration services, which include:
- Floodwater extraction: Our team can use portable pumps to eliminate the water from your home.
- Drying: We can use centrifugal air movers and desiccant dehumidifiers to dry the affected areas thoroughly.
- Cleaning and deodorization: We can deep clean all the areas of your home using EPA-registered broad-spectrum disinfectants to ensure a healthy and safe living space. We also use deodorizers like deodorizing granules or pellets to get rid of foul odors. These are odor-absorbers, which contain fuller’s earth. Fuller’s earth acts as a sponge that absorbs and holds odors.
- Full restoration: Our team is certified and experienced in delivering comprehensive restoration support.
You do not have to face the hazards of handling storm flood damage on your own. Call SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank at (504) 348-7526 for help. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
How Can Homeowners Eliminate Mold From their Homes?
Mold will lead you to more costs if not taken care of immediately. Call SERVPRO with their IICRC trained technicians for the job.
Property Owners Can Hire SERVPRO Professionals to Deal With Mold Damage in their New Orleans Homes
Mold is difficult to remove and is a health hazard. Dealing with the mold damage in a timely manner is essential. If you notice a mold problem in your New Orleans property, hire SERVPRO restoration specialists to remove the mold and restore your home to its normal condition.
Our team of highly trained technicians has decades of experience and the right equipment and products to handle mold damage in your New Orleans residence effectively. We have gone through advanced training, which enables us to:
- Utilize standard approved work practices and display professionalism
- Use efficient containment techniques
- Implement engineering controls
- Take appropriate safety measures
When you contract SERVPRO restorers for your mold restoration needs, you are hiring quality, efficiency, and transparency at a pocket-friendly price.
Our mold damage restoration services
When we get to the affected property, we contain the area with mold using polythene paper to limit the spread of mold spores to unaffected areas. Since mold growth is caused by high moisture levels, we dry the affected area to avoid further mold growth.
Mold spores can spread and settle on any surface, including your HVAC system. If the duct system is not cleaned properly, the mold spores can contaminate the air. We can use duct cleaning systems, which include a vacuum that pulls the contaminants and an effective filtering system to eliminate the mold.
Do not let mold damage lead to costly damages. Contact SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank for effective mold remediation services at (504) 348-7526.
Efficient Water Removal for Affected Homes
SERVPRO has IICRC certified trained technicians with the latest in technology and equipment at their disposal.
SERVPRO’s Team of Restorers Responds Fast to Perform Water Cleanup in New Orleans Homes
New Orleans is situated in the southeast region of the United States along the Mississippi River in the state of Louisiana. It is the highest populated city in the state. In 2019, it hosted an estimated population of 390,144.
New Orleans also serves as a major port, and for this reason, business experts consider it as the economic and commercial hub across the broader Gulf Coast region.
The distinct music, unique dialect, Creole cuisine, and the annual festivals and celebrations in New Orleans contribute significantly to the city’s popularity. Most people across the United States describe the city as unique because of its multilingual heritage and cross-culture. Due to the city’s prominent role in pop culture and film industry, people call it “Hollywood South.”
The history behind New Orleans
The French colonists founded New Orleans in 1718. Before the city was traded to the U.S in 1803 in the Louisiana Purchase, it was the territorial capital of French Louisiana. In 1840, the city was the largest in the American South and the third-most populated city across the U.S until after the Second World War.
New Orleans is among the top ten most visited cities across the U.S, according to current travel guides, with a record of over 10.1 million tourists in 2004. The city is rich in several tourist attractions, including St. Charles Avenue, also home to St. Charles Streetcar Line, Loyola, and Tulane Universities, as well as the Pontchartrain Hotel, among other attractions.
The city is also famous for its elegant decay, which are the remains of structures that have fallen into total disrepair because of acts of destruction like the 2005 Hurricane Katrina. Also, historic tombs above the ground and cemeteries attract tourists, with the famous one being Saint Louis Cemetery.
Flooding history in the city
Historically, New Orleans has been vulnerable to flooding since it is located close to several multiple water bodies, has low-lying elevation, experiences high rainfall, and poor natural drainage. To protect New Orleans from flooding, the federal authorities, as well as the state, have put up drainage pumps and a unique system of levees.
In August 2005, Hurricane Katrina affected the city severely. Over 80 percent of the city was flooded and displaced most of the residents. That led to a population decrease of 50 percent. After Katrina, the redevelopment efforts across the city attracted more people leading to a population increase.
How professional restorers help New Orleans affected homes with water cleanup
A few inches of water in your property can create severe water damage within a brief period. A certified restorer like SERVPRO can reduce these harsh effects. We are available around the clock, including on holidays and weekends, to minimize the damage and get your life back to normal.
We provide our customers with an on-site evaluation and begin restoring the affected area. Our restorers also work closely with our customer’s insurance company to ensure a hassle-free experience.
We use advanced equipment and unique techniques to ensure effective cleanup. We can use structural cavity drying equipment to dry hard to reach areas and inspection cameras and borescopes to determine the effectiveness of the process.
After a water intrusion incident, hire a reputed restoration firm like SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank for fast and effective water cleanup. Talk to us today at (504) 348-7526. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Finding Your Focus for a More Productive Life in New Orleans
It is a new year a new start. If finding your focus is a priority then then tune in on The Iris Reading group.
Tune in for tips and strategies to maximize your production by getting focused.
If you can become easily distracted by just about everything, you might have noticed how challenging productivity can be. The Iris Reading group in New Orleans has put together a short program to showcase some useful tips and strategies for giving you a much better grasp of your attention and focus for whatever you might be working on.
The short course seeks to increase your productivity, show you apps and online tools to help you hone your concentration, and even a strategy to trick yourself into paying better attention to what you are doing. Tune in live to the online course on Wed, January 27th, 2021, from 1-1:30 PM. For more information about signing up, contact Iris Reading (312) 857-4747.
It is hard not to be focused on flood damage in your New Orleans home, so trust the fast and reliable response of our SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank team to help. From extraction to cleaning, we can help when you call (504) 348-7526.
Gretna Residents Can Have a Laugh in New Orleans
Laughter is one of the best emotions in life, go enjoy a great laugh.
Experience some of the best local New Orleans stand up for free.
The Ugly Dog Saloon & BBQ has been tirelessly harvesting some of New Orleans' rawest comedy talent to take the stage for your enjoyment. As an ongoing event following the state's required guidelines, seating and space are limited within the venue, so it is recommended to reserve your spot in advance.
Talented local comedians take the stage every Friday night after January 22nd, 2021. The Comedy in the Kennel showcase brings some of the area's top talent live on stage before the crowd of the Ugly Dog Saloon & BBQ on Andrew Higgins Boulevard. For more information or to reserve your spot in an upcoming performance, contact the venue directly at (504) 569-8459.
When your own barbeque experience gets out of hand, you can count on SERVPRO for fire damage restoration in your Gretna home. We have experienced and talented technicians available 24/7 for soot removal, odor elimination, and fire debris removal. Give our SERVPRO of The New Orleans Westbank a call today at (504) 348-7526.